Men just have it easier
Do I really have to explain myself?
We live in a misogynistic world and it’s so much easier to be a man (and a white man at that), than it is to be a woman.
- Women give birth.
- Women are typically tasked with the lion’s share of raising the kids.
- Women get paid less for the same job that men do.
- Women are frequently the target of violence.
- Women are objectified (see target of violence, above).
This is no scientific discourse on women’s rights, though.
It’s about the dinner I was at the other night.
Everyone was SO CONCERNED about the single man in the room. The man who had been single for less than a year.
Was there a peep about me? 10 years single and running?
Who cares? Just another single woman.
I personally think that people PREFER me that way.
- I date men then get ghosted.
- I get invited to be the third wheel in a threesome.
- Married men propose wicked things to me.
Everyone is willing to take, but no one is willing to give back.
Basically, what I’m saying is what I’ve been trying to ignore for the past decade. . . THERE ARE A LOT OF SHITTY MEN OUT THERE AND THEY’RE ALL MEETING ME.
I know. This goes against my optimistic outlook on life.
I hate to think I’m bitter.
But after that dinner, I think it’s safe to admit that I am.
Bitter, that is.
And DEFINITELY not in a good place.