It’s been nearly two months since I gave up internet dating and I must say, I’ve never been happier.
Oh sure, my love life has taken a hit, but I have a newfound appreciation for my role as a mother and daughter, friend and sister.
And with Burning Man and all the other activities I do, I’m certain that my time is being put to use in fun and exciting ways.
I’m positive I will die an old spinster, but I will not have missed out on living a rich life because of giving up internet dating.
Here is a list of all the things I can do with my spare time since I’m not absorbed with stroking the internet:
- Visit my sister in Reno.
- Take a trip to Hawaii with my boys.
- Visit my family in Pollock Pines.
- Hang out with my birthmom, sister, and brother in Santa Rosa.
- Go great white shark diving (still a dream of mine, especially since a friend just did it).
- Run another half marathon (I’ve done two already).
- Explore my edges with Dante.
- Cultivate the friendships I’ve made through Burning Man.
- Get my pilot’s license.
- Make beer. On my own. Using the knowledge I learned in my Brewmaking 101 and 102 classes.
- See the ruins in Petra, Jordan and Machu Pichu, Peru.
- Spend time with my dad (he’s 86 and blind).
- Go to Vegas with Marina and Cynthia and have a TOTAL BLAST!
- See Australia!
- And so much more. . .
If you ask me, all these activities rate WAY HIGHER than sitting in front of a screen, texting dodgy men or going out on lots of first dates and kissing creepers.
If it wasn’t for the fact that every now and then, a body just needs to wrap itself around another body and seek release, I’d have no use for men at all.
None whatsoever. . .