It sort of leaves me swaying in the breeze when it comes to activities I can do to meet men.
I don’t necessarily want to hang out by myself waiting for an appropriate man to come by.
That is why I am so stoked that my friend Barbara is single.
Not only is she single, she’s also BEAUTIFUL!
We look like sisters , we’ve been told many times.
Best of all, she and I have TOTALLY different types of men that we like.
So there’s no competition.
So, without further adieu – a list of good places to meet men, with a few bad places thrown in just for entertainment:
- The DMV – oh hell no! I’m not going to hang around the DMV in order to meet men. Pass!
- The Driving Range – I’ve always wanted to learn to play golf. It’d be fun to take Barbara and hit a few balls while scoping out the men at the range.
- Improv classes – Sounds like fun AND a good way to meet single men. And a great way to present for “funny!”
- Dog Parks – hey! I have a dog! What not take her and Barbara to the park – you know, the one next to the basketball courts. Shirts versus skins!
- Sporting events – Barbara and I already go to see the Giants (1x/month) and the 49ers (1x/season). Men are prolific there. Too bad I never seem to meet any of them. But that could change.
- Bar crawls – have you noticed that as the bar crawl progresses, the men get friendlier and friendlier? GREAT place to meet (drunk) men.
- Crossfit – okay, no on this one. I would never meet a guy a crossfit. That implies that I like working out and that is a big N – O.
- The Car Wash – I can see how this COULD be a good place to meet men, however you’d have to hang out for a while to really reap any rewards. I’m not sure I want to grab Barbara and hang out at Classic Car Wash.
- Sports Bars – Sports = Men. ‘Nuff said.
- Photpgraphy Class – or any adult education class for that matter. I could probably talk Barbara into taking a class with me. Might be a good place to meet single men. Course they always ask if I can “pose” for them. . .
- Wineries – okay, in my estimation men come here in COUPLES but MAYBE you could meet a wine connoisseur there. Probably not too many prospects for Barbara though.
- Music & Art Festivals – Again, a place where couples seem to hang out, but COULD be a good place to meet single males as well. If nothing else, at least Barbara and I will be entertained.
- Religious Gatherings – well, I’m not religious, so this would be a total bust.
- Weddings – ah, if only more of my friends were getting married. Wedding are a GREAT place to meet men and I would TOTALLY take Barbara as my plus one!
- The Shooting Range – I’ve always wanted to learn to shoot a gun. Bonus that there’s men around where you do that.
- Meetup Groups – I once went to a meetup group with a date, got pulled aside by another man, and asked out. Meetup groups are great for meeting men. If only I could find the right meet up group – fishing, hiking, sailing, etc.
- Happy Hour – This is great because Barbara and I LOVE happy hour. Lots of busy professionals blowing off some steam. I’d like the lumberjack special and Barbara will take a side of tall, dark, and handsome.
- Trivia Night – Now THIS would be totally fun. Team up with Barbara and some guys and see how smart we all are. Perfect!
- The Cigar Bar – Ugh. No thanks. I don’t want to sit in a nasty, smoky bar waiting for some balding, insurance salesman who smells like whiskey to hit on me. Pass!