No surprise there.
The only reason this has any bearing at all to what I’m about to say is that Scorpios are known to be focused, and determined.
It has been over three months since I gave up internet dating and I have literally not lifted a finger to download any dating apps, click on any email links that appear in my inbox, or swipe right or left.
I’ve left those things behind me, perhaps intuitively sensing that I’m not going to meet anyone through the online dating venue.
Believe it or not, people who use online dating sites may be single but they’re also serial daters – THEY DON’T WANT TO MEET A PARTNER.
They’re happy playing the field.
The last guy I took a chance on left me with a face full of cum.
Therefore, I am still driven to resolve my single status.
I basically HATE not knowing who to take to a wedding, party, etc.
All you coupled up people might bitch about your spouses but at least you know who you’re doing stuff with on a Saturday night.
Maybe you’re stuck having sex with the same person day in and day out, but at least you HAVE someone to get intimate with.
I have no one.
I’ve decided to take a more focused approach to dating.
Here are my goals:
- Take the dog to the dog park twice a week.
- Have at least one weekly activity with Barbara to keep me sane – even if it’s just brunch.
- Reach out to two friends a week to reconnect.
- More South Bay Beer Hound activities. I heart beer!
- Get out and VOLUNTEER! This is always an EXCELLENT way to look past your own problems to help others.
- Take up a hobby – like golf or fishing. I like both activities.
- Get out of the house a little more than I usually get out. I tend to be lazy after work and just go home to relax.
- Keep going to Burning Man regional events – great places to meet cool, fun, creative people.
- Say “yes” more. Be open to new possibilities and stretching myself outside my comfort zone.
- Join a writers group to improve my writing and this blog, which I enjoy so much.
Basically, there’s so much I can do to keep busy while still making headway into meeting single men.
Watch and see.