This post is going to remind me that I am always surrounded by love. Just because my life is missing a few pieces doesn’t mean that I don’t have a lot to be thankful for.
- A father who defrosts your car in the morning so you don’t have to.
- A friend who calls you on your birthday.
- A brother who treats your children like they’re his own.
- A best friend who always gives the best advice, but only when she’s asked to.
- A sister who lets you call her at 3 AM when you’ve just had your heart broken.
- Girlfriends who always tell you how beautiful and thin you are no matter what you look like or what size you are.
- A birth mother who saves your voicemails so she can hear the sound of your voice over and over again.
- A cousin who lets you hang out with her because she knows you be alone otherwise.
- A mother who looks after you when you are sick, no matter how cranky and needy you are.
- A grandmother who always sends a birthday check, no matter how small her fixed income is.
- Boys who race to the front door and throw their arms around you when you get home after work.
- Dog kisses.
All things considered, that’s a pretty good list. I’ll remind myself to read it when I’m having a pity party for one,