And her favorite things are:
- Tubs to wash my hair in (so it can be a community effort)
- Cans of fruit
- Peanut butter
- Chips (salt tastes SO good there!),
- Bike fix kit (that I always get someone else to do for me)
- Paper to leave notes
- A cover sheet for my bed
- Lots of funky sun glasses
- At least one scarf for every day
- Full length mirror
- Gifts for friends new and old (usually necklaces),
- Baby wipes,
- A rug to put the chairs on
- Beautiful flowery hats
- Tons of vintage slips to wear during the day
- A foot bath set up with vinegar and rose water
- Delicious lotions
And then she said something I wasn’t expecting:
“The playa is super alkali and we are pretty acidic, so it’s a recipe for a yeast infection. I always take a miconozole along just in case.”
What?! This is crucial information. I cannot have a pussy breakdown on the playa! This should be mandatory reading in The Guide to Surviving Burning Man.
MUST BRING YEAST INFECTION MEDICATION!
So I called up my doctor and asked for a prescription which she was only too happy to give me along with the advice, “It’s actually substandard hygiene practices that lead to a yeast infection.”
Mental note: Need to shower every other day, if possible.