I watched A Star Is Born for the first time this week.
It showed up on my New Releases list and I have to admit, I’ve now watched it two times AND listened to the soundtrack.
Needless to say, I love it.
Lady Gaga does an outstanding job of portraying a young, talented songwriter who is launched into fame through a serendipitous meeting with Jack, an aging rock star with a bad substance abuse problem.
I like the movie for two reasons:
- It’s got a pretty surreal (implausible) plot line – girl finds INSTANT FAME – and Lady Gaga manages to pull it off with some real wide eyed innocence and excitement.
- Bradley Cooper. ‘Nuf said.
There are moments that stand out in my mind.
Perfectly scripted moments that sing to me when I watch them.
- Ally staring at Jack as she lays on the bar top singing.
- Jack peeling off Ally’s eyebrow.
- Jack touching Ally’s nose and raving about its beauty.
- A stolen kiss, off stage.
- Jack’s look of amazement when Ally starts singing her own music to him, just on a lark.
- OMG – LOVEMAKING in the dark!
For a woman with no love life to speak of herself, I sure am getting my rocks off on this movie, despite its sad ending and tragic love story.
It has been SO LONG since I’ve fallen totally madly and completely in love with someone.
But I still recognize the emotions.
Do people still fall in love like that?
Cuz I’ll have two scoops of whatever Ally’s having WITH a cherry on top!