The problem with being single for 14 years
There’s a teeny tiny problem with having been single for 14 years.
I haven’t really had to compromise for 14 years.
I haven’t taken anyone else’s opinion into consideration because it’s just been me.
For 14 years!
That’s a long time to develop habits:
And not all those habits are good.
- Like not soliciting feedback from others before making important decisions.
- Or making choices based on impulse instead of reason.
- Sleeping with my dates on a whim instead of basing it on compatibility.
I’m shit at resisting my impulses.
So it’s unusual for me to be with someone who reminds me to FUCKING PACE MYSELF.
There’s no rush.
Take your time and think things through.
On the other hand, I’ve developed some really stellar habits:
- Like self-reliance.
- And an unwillingness to sacrifice my happiness for another (a bad co-dependent habit).
- A willingness to experiment with my life in non-mainstream ways.
Some of my life experimentations were bound to resonate with me and now I struggle to find the right man for me.
- One who will help me compromise for the right reasons.
- Fight impulse with logic and reasoning, but without losing my spontaneity.
- And respect my decisions as leading to my happiness.
Gone are the days where your standard vanilla man could complete me.
Right now, it’s gonna take a burner – past, present, or future.