I’ve gone on dates with:
- Virtually mute introverts
- Men who spend $1000 on a date
- Severe Selsen Blue flakes
- Perverts, and not the good kind
- Offensively racist men
- Men who rejected me because of this blog
- Newly divorced and bitter men
- Divorced for a long time and still bitter men
- Not divorced at all men (Surprise!)
- 47 year old re-virgins
It’s all been very entertaining but also a little disheartening. I confess I’m really fed up with online dating and am ready to try blind dates and set ups.
Or nothing at all.
Yes, this eternal optimist is more than a little disappointed and frustrated right now. So frustrated I actually called a matchmaker and looked into getting set up by a matchmaker. But that little venture would cost $1900. Um…. no thanks.
But today my 18 year kid provided me with a ray of sunlight in my dim dating life.
“It’s better to be single anyway. That way you don’t have to buy anyone Valentine’s gifts on Valentine’s Day…”
Wisdom from a the mouths of babes.