- I’m a 46 year old professional living in the Bay Area
- I have two kids, ages 18+
- I have a serious need for distraction
I have an obsession with alt rock, cocktails, and costumes. I am fascinated by Burning Man and participate every year since 2015. I’m a serial dater since my divorce 15 years ago and I have been on some entertaining dates.
You may notice that this site is dedicated to all things frivolous and fun about me. Rarely if ever, will you read a post on politics (unless it’s to lobby for kissing competency tests in high school), health care (unless it’s about the prevention of ingrown hairs after a Brazilian wax), or education (unless I’m blogging fantasies about my former law school professor).
I like this blog precisely because I can be lighthearted and silly. If I make fun of anyone, it’s mostly myself, sometimes my dates, and occasionally my kids (but only because they are hilarious young adults who entertain me constantly).
I like the frivolous me. The frivolous me forces me to enjoy my life and never take anything too seriously when:
- the type-A overachiever in me is stressed out about being a single mom and qualifying for Section 8 housing;
- while the mother in me is reminding me that I missed out on having more kids;
- and the lover in me is reminding me that I miss having a partner;
- and the financial planer in me is bitching because as of 8 pm yesterday my bank account balance was woefully low;
- and the ambitious career woman in me is reminded me that even though I have a BS in Biology, 1 year of law school, and 25 years of work experience, I still get asked to stock the kitchenette at work;
- and the daughter in me is worried because my father is blind and my mother has a heart condition.
So, grant my my frivolousness please. It’s not for lack of substance, it’s because there’s so much of it.