I’m just going to come out and say it:
My sons aren’t necessarily the most courteous men.
I raised them.
If they’re not polite and thoughtful, I have no one to blame more than myself (except perhaps their father who has spent our ENTIRE divorce being disrespectful to me).
In any case, they tend toward laziness and boredom.
So imagine my surprise when I cooked a nice dinner for them last night and as he was leaving the table, my oldest son said to me, “Thanks. “
He said thank you.
I had tears in my eyes.
Oh fuck, maybe I HAVE done something right.
My younger son chimed in, “Yeah, thanks mother.”
[He always calls me mother, I have no idea why.]
- Seared tiger prawns with a beurre blanc sauce (made from scratch)
- 4 pounds of King Crab legs served with clarified butter
- Homemade creamy mashed potatoes with veggie gravy for your vegetarian son and beef gravy for your meat eater son
- A salmon filet grilled with dry garlic and herb spices
- A caprese salad made with fresh mozzarella cheese and basil
- A selection of artisanal cheeses (again, for the veg head in the house)
- And a white chocolate raspberry bundt cake with cream cheese frosting.
I have to admit, I’m SO VERY PROUD OF MYSELF for impressing my sons.
But I’m baffled that it took this long.
Don’t they realize that their mother is AWESOMENESS PERSONIFIED?!