The first question my photographer asked me at my boudoir photo shoot was, “Who are you doing this for?”
“Nobody,” I replied. But that wasn’t actually true. I was doing it for me.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to sit at home and stare at my pictures without sharing them. I plan to post some on the internet and show them to all my open-minded friends – Michelle, Brian, Marty, Lisa, Austin, etc. Especially Austin.
Austin read my last post and sent me a message, “Liked the article today. The thing I think is interesting is the “who are you doing it for” angle.”
I read his message and felt immediately proud of myself all over again.
The truth is however, that the ONLY person who can claim that I did it for him is Austin, in light of the fact that I took his favorite pose and recreated it in the photo shoot. I even instructed the photographer to “make sure you get my butt dimples.”
Because like it or not, I have some really outstanding butt dimples and putting them on display is something I’ve done in the past and something I’m sure I’ll do again.
Every man has his quirks I guess. I suppose to limit them to the three obvious choices – boob man, butt man, and leg man – lacks the nuances of all the lovely body parts us ladies possess. Why not face man? Or butt dimple man? Or foot man? Or hair man? In my experience, I think there should be a belly button man too. It takes all types, what can I say. My friend Austin, when asked, will comically answer that he’s a “pussy man.” I LOVE that answer. If it’s a woman, he adores it.
My pictures won’t be available until June 4th so I won’t be able to post anything until then. Sad face. I’m so excited at the thought of seeing them – and a little nervous that they won’t look as good as I hope.
Now that I know what I’m doing, I could sign up for another boudoir photo shoot easy, no problem. I’d do it a little different this time (i.e. less expensive).
Here are my best tips for a boudoir photo shoot:
- Don’t buy tons of new lingerie. Go with what you have that you feel comfortable in. I bought so much lingerie and wound up using very little of it.
- Wear what makes you feel good. You know what I’m talking about – underwear and lingerie that when you put it on you preen a little. You know you look good.
- Makeup is very important. Practice to capture the look you want. Do research on Pinterest.
- Hair is very important. Invest in a good blowout. Again, research on Pinterest.
- Check out boudoir photo pics online and pin the pics you like. Pinterest.
- Try not to wear tight clothes that can leave marks on your skin the day of the shoot.
- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. No dryy elbows or knees needed.
- Get a great mani and pedi ahead of time. Scrub your feet and soles so you don’t have dirty feet the day of.
- Consider getting an airbrush tan. Test out the tan a week ahead to make sure it’s what you want.
- SHOES are key! Can’t stress this enough. A great pair is EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.
- Pick out jewelry for every outfit.
- Don’t forget to have fun. Get in touch with your inner vixen.
- Look at pictures of people with your body type posing for boudoir photos. You’ll gain confidence in your own ability to look sexy.
- And my final tip is PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. The more you organize, the better the experience.
I may have done this for myself, but I am 100% confident that I will share my photos with my new significant other when he comes along. And, of course, I may just take it all off again for another photo shoot for him. Who knows? I’m crazy like that.